Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Simpsonville Campus | Info and Prayer Points

Over the summer you may have heard the discussions of a multi-site campus in the Simpsonville area.  We feel that this is where God is leading us to further expand our influence and impact our community in the surrounding Greenville area.  We had our second meeting on Sunday night, August 21, with over 110 people saying that they are ready to move on this adventure.  Below is an email I sent after our meeting.  Hopefully through this, you will see ways to join in prayer with us for this Simpsonville Campus. 

Good Afternoon!

First of all, thank you again for taking time out of your schedule to come to our meeting on Sunday night about the Simpsonville Campus. It's going to be great to see what God has in store for this community and Grace Church's role in it. I'm excited to see what lies ahead.

To be completely honest, when we had our first "interest meeting" back in the beginning of the summer, we wanted to see if anyone was even open to the idea of a Simpsonville Campus.  We didn't know if we would even have anyone attend that meeting.  We thought there might be a possibility of about 50 people, but over 100 people attended that meeting. With over 100 people in attendance, we felt it was right to continue pursuing this opportunity.

Sunday night we had over 110 people in attendance.  I would say this confirms that we have a group of people that are excited and ready to move and be a part of this Campus.  This also confirms what I have been praying for......that God will raise up a CORE GROUP that is ready to lead and impact this community.  I believe God is answering this prayer.  Guys.....this makes me really excited.  

In our meeting Sunday night, we discussed a good many things:
  1. The possibility of locating a campus further south due to the growth of the lower Simpsonville / Fountain Inn areas.
  2. The impact of local community on Children's /Student Ministry as we heard stories from Luke White and Clark Merritt (students from Powdersville campus)
  3. The mindset that within our Vision of this campus, we need to pray for opportunities to work alongside God.
  4. We prayed together in small groups.
  5. We were called to think about what opportunities we have ahead of us.
We will have another meeting sometime in late October/ early November where we will begin to mobilize ministry teams, etc.  Know that in the meantime, I will continue to pursue the possibilities of Campus Pastors as well as a Location for the Campus.  

Many of you have expressed that you want to help in any way possible.  I really appreciate the willingness and excited nature that everyone has for this opportunity.  For right now, I would ask you to pray.  I mean really pray.  Pray that God would lead us to find a Campus Pastor.  Pray for our Location.  Pray for the Opportunities in the Community that this will bring.  What a great thing when we find our Location one day or our Campus Pastor, and we can say "We have been praying for you..."  

Thank you again for your time and excitement towards this.  I feel that God is building this group to do something significant in the community.  I look forward to leading and serving with you guys in this part of our mission.

matt kelley

Our blog has moved to a new home! Please visit http://gracechurchblog.org to continue the conversation!